Wednesday, January 9, 2013


I am Kaitlyn Henderson. This is my Senior year and I am very excited! I have gone to Reinhardt all four years and have loved every second of it! I currently work for the country radio station, Kicks 101.5.

If you know me personally then you know I have a Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I am a major social network junkie. Digital culture plays a role in my life on a day to day basis. There is not one day that I do not reach for my iPhone, Laptop or iPad to check these outlets.

These social media outlets that are a part of the digital culture are a vital part in allowing me to "stay connected" and up to date with the world I live in. If these particular outlets were not available I would not be able to connect with my friends and family.


                                    

Technology has created a digital culture by allowing society to link to one another behind a screen. It is on a non personal level. Social websites' attempt was to be personal but people have flocked to the idea of hiding behind the identity of technology. The advancement of the digital world has therefore created an identity for every aspect of a person's life.
                                              How Does Technology Create Digital Culture?

The older generation who choose to be ignorant towards social media still get lured in to other outlets of the digital world. If you do not understand this said world, you will be one step behind. To isolate yourself from this world of technology is impossible. It is all around us and constantly advancing. One needs to be aware of the growing world because it it becoming more and more essential to succeeding in life.


                                                   
Digital culture allows for personal expression which makes Facebook and Twitter intrinsically appealing. These social outlets allow for anyone to express their thoughts and beliefs freely and to their disposal. Digital culture is a pervasive technology that allows us to assume their is always a solution. This culture is apart of ourselves and an extension to society. Welcome to the age of information. 

Video

No comments:

Post a Comment